[Koha] Koha as a federated library

Anselm Olweny aolweny at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 19:29:40 NZST 2010

Dear Colleagues,

I am setting up a federated library system using koha where each of the
libraries needs to have its own look and feel and also should be able to
search its own collection and also be able to search the collection of the
other libraries in the federation by the users choice. I have also
integrated koha into a CMS "joomla" in order to handle non koha pages.

In my koha set up I have created the different libraries as branches and
activitated the IndependantBranches preference in koha. You can see this at
http://koha.apkn.org (koha in Joomla) or http://koha.apkn.org:81 (Koha pure)
or http://koha.apkn.org:81/cgi-bin/koha/opac-mainug.pl and
http://koha.apkn.org:81/cgi-bin/koha/opac-mainke.pl (Independent libraries).

However, I am not sure whether this is the right way to set up federated
libraries using koha. Could someone kindly advise me about the right way to
set up federated libraries using koha?

Thanks

Anselm