[Koha] [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] local install for testing

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Tue Apr 13 12:10:19 NZST 2010

> Since I'm a very comfortable Windows user and I can't afford to spend 100%
> of time learning Ubuntu, I'm thinking the best approach is for me to get my
> new PC with plenty of RAM and disk space and Windows 7.  I'll get VirtualBox
> and use that for creating my play area for Koha and Evergreen.

That's what I do. One nice thing about VirtualBox is that once you've
got a successful installation set up you could even clone that hard
disk image and create an identical setup for further testing--for
instance, you might have one running the latest official release and
one running the latest development release.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries