[Koha] [Koha-devel] version 3.0.4 on download.koha.org

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Wed Oct 28 03:29:52 NZDT 2009

Hi Henri-Damien,

Every time you roll a release and announce it there should be a version
incremented, even if the change was a minor one to correct an error in your
previous distribution. This is the generally accepted procedure for release
management/maintenance.

To date, LibLime haven't been editorializing your files at all, just adding
and removing files as requested. The primary reason for this is that your
signatures on the release will be invalid if we change the filename.
Therefore, we haven't changed 3.00.04_final to 3.00.04. We have left both of
those files up on download.koha.org because both of them were announced as
part of the project's history and download.koha.org is an archived history
of releases to date.

You need to send us a new distribution package complete with matching MD5,
.asc, and .sig files, all with the correct file name. Please call the new
one 3.00.05 rather than 3.00.04_final (or some derivation thereof) and
adjust the version string as appropriate in the kohaversion.pl and
updatedatabase.pl.

In the future please do not send a public announcement to the Koha lists
that a release is available until you have confirmed that the file has been
uploaded to download.koha.org and is actually available. This will alleviate
much of the confusion caused by this last announcement.

Note that writing to one of the lists, petitioning for "some LibLimer" to
respond is not as effective at getting our attention as is writing us
directly as you have done in the past.

Sincerely,

Joshua

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 6:23 AM, LAURENT Henri-Damien <
henridamien.laurent at biblibre.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have just seen that the latest version for 3.0.4 had been uploaded on
> download.koha.org
> Thanks to LibLime for doing that.
> But for sake of not misleading people, I would find that great that
> people donot have the choice between 2 versions of 3.0.4
> Would any liblimer be so kind as to remove the first 3.0.4 tarball since
> I cannot do it myself, please ?
> --
> Henri-Damien LAURENT
> Release maintainer 3.0 branch

CEO                         migration, training, maintenance, support