[Koha] problems moving records from reservoir into catalogue

Jesse pianohacker at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 06:38:08 NZDT 2009

2009/11/5 Br. Francis Therese Krautter <br.ftherese at gmail.com>

> Hello,
>
> I have managed to export my old filemaker database into a spreadsheet which
> I then used with MarcEdit to map the fields.  Having then complied the file
> into a marc file, I tried to import it into koha.  The process goes
> smoothly, but after having done all the importation steps, all the records
> remain in the reservoir.  If I try to add them individually by clicking on
> the add Biblio link, it informs me that I have several required fields left
> blanc.  These "required fields" consist of things such as the number of the
> musical movement AND the map scale value, and other things that have
> absolutely nothing to do with regular books.  I don't understand why these
> fields are required, and I don't see how I am going to be able to batch
> import all my records if it is going to continue to complain about not
> knowing such things - which are totally irrelevant pieces of information.  I
> suspect that this has something to do with UNIMARC (which my koha IS
> installed under), and perhaps the default marc framework?  I have also used
> the perl migration_script with the same result... everything in the
> reservoir, nothing in the catalog.
>
> Thanks for your help!
> BFT

(Note: assuming you're using Koha 3.0)

For the very first import, it's usually easier to use the
bulkmarcimport.plscript, which imports your records directly into the
catalog.

It's odd that importing left everything in the reservoir; did you use Stage
MARC Records for Import, and then import the records from the Manage Staged
MARC screen?

--
Jesse Weaver