[Koha] Koha trademarks

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Mon May 18 14:39:34 NZST 2009

> While it is probably overstating it a bit, I can totally understand
> how that would be the perception.
> And in recent times there has been discussion on it that would have
> been much better served on the public lists.
> I think where legality allows it, discussions should be public.
> Decisions made that effect the community should be at least minuted if
> not discussed publicly.

Oh I agree - I just wouldn't want people to think there had been some
sort of "secret society" operating for years directing things without
anyone knowing. In the last few months we had a couple of things "blow
up" that didn't feel right to talk about in a very public (google-able)
forum. I suspect because we were already zooming e-mails back and forth
- Very much more so than most people would usually want to get on the
Koha lists BTW, that got extended out into some topics that could &
should have moved public.

What we might want though is essentially a public koha-project-meta list
so that we don't swamp the main koha list with the volume of mail we get
when an issue is "hot", so people who are wanting help aren't totally
turned off by us arguing :-)

Cheers

--
Rachel Hamilton-Williams