[Koha] RE-migrate using MySQL Windows GUI?

Nelson Fredsell -CCE nelson at cfce.org.za
Sat May 16 02:57:13 NZST 2009

All,

We've migrated data and now want to re-migrate with more accurate mapping of
records/items.  (We're learning more how to use Marc tags/fields daily!)
Koha admin interface seems to only allow re-migration thru a matching of
ISBN/ISSN.  From my limited knowledge, I'm thinking it would be helpful to
have additional matching fields for a re-import.  Preferably *required*
fields/tags, unlike ISBN/ISSN.

Given that this is not an option, I'm considering whether there is  a way
from my Windows XP client to edit the MySQL tables hosted on our Koha Linux
server.  Could I view, edit, and delete Marc records and Koha 952 items this
way?

Another related issue I've recently come across is that I don't think I can
use MarcEdit to work with existing records until we've entered ISBN from
scratch?!  Maybe I should assign bogus, unique ISBN as a workaround in order
to move records in and out of Koha?

Thanks,

Nelson

Koha Enthusiast