[Koha] [Koha-translate] [Koha-devel] Announcing ... New koha.org Website based on Plone

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon May 11 23:41:27 NZST 2009

Joshua Ferraro <jmf at liblime.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 12:17 PM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> > Bizarrely, the "Discussions" page is missing from the new site and
> > changing hostname to new.koha.org on the old URL results in 404 Not
> > Found.  Please can we keep old page locations even if the logical
> > structure has changed?  Remember, Cool URIs Don't Change
> > http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI
>
> This is an excellent idea. Do you have a list of URIs from the old website
> that you'd like mapped to the new site, preferably in a mod_apache format so
> we can just drop them into place? That would be an outstanding contribution
> to this effort.

Two of the most important for me are

Redirect permanent /support/pay.html http://www.koha.org/support/pay-for-support
Redirect permanent /installation/support.html http://www.koha.org/support/pay-for-support

but it's difficult to list many because:

1. I can't find some pages on the new site (like Discussions mentioned
above) but your webmasters should know where they moved our stuff to;

2. the websites have been switched over already, so search engines and
so on will be removing links or flagging as broken already; and

3. I've already mentioned the above two in private, but they haven't
been acted on - why should I do one-site work if it's going to be
ignored?

I'm rather frustrated that we've been left with no time and
unreasonable demands that newly-dispowered third parties do this basic
work which you wrote you'd do with mod_rewrite back in
http://lists.koha.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2008-April/007464.html

> > > If you notice, there is an 'accessibility' link which should address this
> > > concern.
> >
> > That looks like the Plone boilerplate.  new.koha.org does not yet
> > comply even with what's currently stated there.
>
> Can you give some specific examples of problems that need to be solved
> please? We'll certainly do our best.

For example, try clicking the "Valid CSS" footer link which
contradicts the "We have used XHTML 1.0 and CSS that conforms to
specification, as laid out by the W3C because we believe that
usability and accessibility must have a solid foundation.".

There are many problems and this is a bad time for me to be working
unpaid for LibLime at short notice.

Discouraged,
--
MJ Ray (slef).  LMS developer and supporter for a small, friendly