[Koha] [Koha-translate] [Koha-devel] Announcing ... Newkoha.org Website based on Plone

Lee Phillips lphillips at buttepubliclibrary.info
Sat May 9 11:05:20 NZST 2009

Friends and co conspirators,
I like the chronology idea personally, when we migrated we looked for folks
out there that had a depth of experience.
Also if I sponsor code development I would like credit whether ByWater or
Liblime does the work. A "sponsored by" is sufficient.
Obviously Koha and support companies are on the right track because there
has been an explosion of interest. (poor Sirsi).
I think we are not focusing on the real issues that will next be on my
agenda and that is what is up with OCLC, Worldcat Local and Quick Start.
Koha will outlast OCLC morphing as long as there is some interoperability,
but all the folks out there- ready to manage libraries ILSs and CMSs....
ummm I am not buying any stock in their start ups.
There needs to be a Koha strategy for development and growth that everyone
can reference. The tactics to be successful must support the strategy.
We ALL need to look ahead and plan for the future of this amazing
collaborative community.
Okay the library is closing and I am off for the weekend! WOOHOO.
Keep the baby and the bath water!
Cheers
Lee in Butte Montana!