[Koha] Migrating data from phpmylibrary to Koha

Doug Dearden dearden at sarsf.org
Fri May 1 08:39:59 NZST 2009

Melanie,

It sounds like you didn't get your holdings data in the 952 record.
That is where koha looks for that info.

- Doug

>>> Melanie Saldua <reilied00 at gmail.com> 4/30/2009 3:08 AM >>>
Thanks for all the help! I can now import marc records. Only thing is
when I
import, the website (OPAC) shows no holdings. I guess I have to
manually add
the holdings. Anyway, thank you again. :)

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 1:56 AM, Doug Dearden <dearden at sarsf.org>
wrote:

> Melanie,
>
> Download and install MarcEdit.  It has tools for manipulating data,
and
> storing it in MARC format.  I am not a librarian, but I think the
USMARC
> format should be pretty close to MARC21.  Your idea is sound, but
the
> MarcEdit program will probably be the one to use to match fields,
and
> manipulate data.  Once you have the data moved around you can save
in
> MARC21 format and import that into Koha.  MarcEdit also has a script
> generator that creates a simple VB Script that can then be modified
> do more sophisticated data manipulation.  I was able to use that to
> migrate data from Follett to Koha.
>
> If you don't have Koha installed yet you might want to do that
first.
> When you get your data formatted you can then import a few records
and
> see how things look.
>
> Best - Doug

> I only have an dumpfile of the database (sql file) from
phpmylibrary.
> We
> imported it using phpmyadmin. I don't think it can export in Marc
> format. I
> also found out that phpmylibrary follows USMARC. Another problem for
> me.
>
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 11:26 PM, Doug Dearden <dearden at sarsf.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Melanie,
> >
> > Can you export in Marc format from phpmylibrary?  If so you would
> then
> > probably have the data in the correct format with the exception of
> the
> > item info.  Check out the MarcEdit tool for ways to manipulate
Marc