[Koha] Migrate Alice for Windows

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at snv.jussieu.fr
Wed Jun 17 16:49:37 NZST 2009

Hi,

> 1.  Used the Alice for Windows 'Export to MARC' function to dump a
> MARC 21 .dat file
> 2.  Set up the environment variables for bulkmarcimport.pl
> 3.  Run bulkmarcimport.pl to import the data which returned that 21000
> odd items were imported

Is your Koha correctly configured to use MARC 21 ?

> 4.  Found there were no more items in the database than before.

Did you configure Koha to use the Zebra tool ?
If you did so, you have to run a command (I don't know which one but you
will probably find it in the README or INSTALL files) so that Zebra
indexes the freshly imported data. Then only they will appear in your
koha OPAC.

> 5.  Tried uploading it to import through the 'reservior' method and it
> gave me a report that there were the same number of records but that
> there were MARC errors on each one.

Yoou may try the MARC::Lint perl module to check your records. Read the
synopsis of the documentation, it will certainly help.

hth,
Sébastien.