[Koha] Koha mailing list welcome message draft

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Thu Jul 9 03:51:43 NZST 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Sébastien
Hinderer<Sebastien.Hinderer at snv.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> 2. I'd keep the text as abbreviation-free as possible (ILS, FOSS...).

The acronyms have been spelled out now.

> 3. I'd rather have the pointers at the top and the remarks about
> netiquette at the bottom, but IMO the way it is now has also its
> wisdom because it is likely that people will read the complete
> message, whereas is the pointers come first they may follow them and
> stop reading.

OK, I've left it as is.

> 4. Regarding the netiquette, you may want to cite RFC 1855.

I've added a reference to that RFC.

> 5. Thanks for the nice job, Nicole !

Thanks also to Rachel, Irma, David, and MJ for useful edits to the
wiki page.  Unless there are any more comments, I'll ask that the Koha
list welcome message be set to wiki version this Friday (US).

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton