[Koha] workflow in a small library

Jolanta Kaun reference at lcc.lt
Wed Oct 8 01:16:33 NZDT 2008

We have to set a workflow from book ordering, receiving, cataloging to labeling and shelving at our library.

We are using Koha 3 since summer but some of the processes still are not clear or have to be adjusted. As we have learned, the MARC record has to be downloaded before item is received – otherwise we are creating additional biblio record. Is this happening to you?

Could anyone share with us your experience in workflow in Koha? May be you figured this out already or have any suggestions.  If you are using Koha and have a similar number of staff, how do you share work?

We are quite poorly staffed:

1 acquisition librarian (orders)

1 catalog librarian (marc records)

1 circulation librarian (stamping, labeling, shelving).

Thank you,

Jolanta Kaun

Head Librarian

Bibliotekos vedėja