[Koha] regarding Net::Z3950::ZOOM error

Thommy M. thommym at at-hardeberga.com
Thu Oct 2 09:21:35 NZDT 2008

sumant kumar wrote:
> Dear list,
> I got an error during installation of Net::Z3950:ZOOM 1.25  installation...
> Please any one help me regarding this.
>
> Thanks,
> Sumant
>
> #   Failed test 'connection to 'z3950.loc.gov:7090/voyager
> <http://z3950.loc.gov:7090/voyager>''
> #   at t/28-charset.t line 15.
<snip>
>   /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
> Running make install
>   make test had returned bad status, won't install without force

As the output says, there's a problem to verify the module installation
due to a connection problem and the module has to be forced in to be
accepted. This is a common error for this module (I've never seen it
working OK) and I just force the install. Look at my docs at
http://www.at-hardeberga.com/Koha-2.2.9-on-OpenSolaris-2008-05-v0.96.odt
for details.