[Koha] Problem with issuing items

Irene Sachs irene_sachs at hotmail.com
Thu May 1 03:44:33 NZST 2008

Dear All

We have version 2.2.9 installed on Windows XP and have a problem with issuing items.

We have completed all the boxes in the parameters /issuing rules table, and have set the status for our library members, but when we try to issue them an item, Koha warns us that confirmation is needed before issuing any item, and that too many issues have already been issued (this particular member doesn't have any items currently on loan)  The warning says: Too many issues (already issued / max : a 0 / 0). The system then asks us to confirm this issue or not. If we say yes the issue is successfully completed.

Is this normal, or do we need to adjust some more parameters?

I notice that someone reported the same problem in the Koha archive in December 2007 but I couldn't find a response. Can anyone help please?

We also have another problem (which may be related) with the parameters / issuing rules table. When we complete all the fines boxes in the required format, ie. 50,7,1 (meaning 50 kwacha fine, after 7 days, per day) and save, when we re-open the table, the figures in the fine boxes have changed with 5 zeros being added to the 50 kwacha amount – eg. 5000000 - and this means that there is only space for the first ‘comma’ and the rest of the information has disappeared. Is this affecting the issues as well?

Many thanks

Irene