[Koha] Printing barcodes

Ryan Higgins ryan.higgins at liblime.com
Wed Jun 25 08:41:28 NZST 2008

The second input method, where you list values to print, offers more
flexibility, including adding static
text strings.  You can get your library's branchcode using the homebranch
descriptor.  It will also accept
a single-quoted string for static text.
example:

label definition:  title, homebranch, 'West Liberty'

should give:
Book Title
WLPL
West Liberty

I do think there is a bug in 3.0RC1 with the 'List Values' entry method,
according to my testing yesterday,
so you may hit some snags in using that entry method in conjunction with CSV
output.  But the functionality
is there.

HTH

Ryan

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Joe Atzberger <ohiocore at gmail.com> wrote:

> As the most flexible catch-all solution, you can use the CSV output and an
> external barcode generator of your choice.  Or open the file with a given
> PDF editor.
>
> Current versions of Koha can define a layout including data from any field
> in the biblio or items tables, but do not appear to get the library
> description.  That seems like a reasonably easy-to-add enhancement.
>
> --Joe Atzberger
>

> On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 7:03 PM, Tim McMahon <tmcmahon at wlpl.org> wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to include the library name in the barcodes?  If I use
>> the home branch or holding branch, but that only prints the 4-character
>> code we use for those.  Or is there a way to have it print any text you
>> want and we could just add our library name that way?
>>
>> --
>> Tim McMahon
>> Technical Services
>> West Liberty Public Library
>> 400 N. Spencer St.
>> West Liberty, IA 52776
>> Phone: 319-627-2084     Fax: 319-627-2135
>> tmcmahon at wlpl.org       http://www.wlpl.org

Ryan Higgins

LibLime * Open-Source Solutions for Libraries
Featuring KohaZOOM ILS
888-564-2457 x704