[Koha] PERL Module installation problem

Michael Sauers msauers at nlc.state.ne.us
Fri Jun 20 05:44:48 NZST 2008

Hello everyone. I'm working on installing Koha for the first time and
I've run into a problem. I've got Debian installed and in following the
instructions at
http://www.kohadocs.org/Installing_Koha_on_Debian_sarge.html I've got a
problem in step 3.1.6.  When typing in the command:

                Perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Net::Z3950::ZOOM"'

A whole bunch happens then it stops with the following:

      /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcrypt

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [blib/arch/auto/Net/Z3950/ZOOM/ZOOM.so] Error 1

  /usr/bin/make  -- NOT OK

Running make test

  Can't test without successful make

Running make install

  make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

I'm a Linux newbie with a bit of experience but at this point I'm stuck.
I've attached the full transcript of what's happened. I'm hoping there's
a simple solution. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Michael Sauers, Technology Innovation Librarian

Nebraska Library Commission
The Atrium, 1200 N Street, Suite 120
Lincoln, NE 68508-2023
402-471-2045