[Koha] Trouble with the Installer in Koha 3.0

Byron Peterson bj.peterson at cues.k12.ut.us
Wed Aug 6 07:55:16 NZST 2008

Hello,

I am new to the list and to Koha.  I am trying to install Koha on an
Apple Intel XServe running OS X Server 10.5.4.  I have successfully
installed Koha on the back end, but when I go the the web based
installer I get to step 3 and things break.

The URL that the browser is on when it breaks is:

http://<myserver>:8080/cgi-bin/koha/installer/install.pl?
step=3&op=importdatastructure

I have created the Database and setup the permission for the user I
specified during the back end install before I even start the web
installer .  The page content shows:

The following error occurred while importing the database structure:

ERROR 1050 (42S01) at line 1939: Table 'tags_all' already exists

Please contact your system administrator

To step through the pages leading up to the error:

step=2&checkdb=1 returns:

  Database settings:

database type : mysql
database name : koha-p-oe
database host : localhost
database port : 3306 (probably OK if blank)
database user : kohaadmin
Connection established.

Database koha-p-oe exists.

User kohaadmin has all required privileges on database koha-p-oe.

step=3 returns:

Now we're ready to create the database tables and fill them with some
default data.

step=3&op=importdatastructure returns:

Success

Database tables created

step=3 returns:

Now we're ready to create the database tables and fill them with some
default data.

This is where I break.  Note that after the Success for
"importdatastructure", we go back to a regular step=3 which has
already been done.

I check the Database in MySQL and the tables have been created (there
are 116 tables total).

After digging around a little bit, I have found if I set the "op="
variable in the get string to "choosemarc", the installer will
continue, but I am not sure if there is something that is being missed.

I presume since I am getting this error, something is wrong and I
should figure out what it is before I really continue with my setup.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Byron Peterson
Central Utah Educational Services