[Koha] Problems with bulkmarkimport.pl

Beda Szukics beda at muri-gries.ch
Sat Oct 27 03:52:47 NZDT 2007

Hello everybody

Sorry for the long post.

I habe a problem importing my data from my old "handmade" library
cataloging system.

My attempt to use Koha for our school library is now a second one. I
have installed 2.2.7 on debian sarge before without giving much
attention to encondings and character settings :-(. In this
installation I had entered 80 biblio records, partly imported by
Z39.50 (after upgrading to 2.2.9) and partly entered manually.

My current installation of Koha is 2.2.9 freshly installed on debian
etch. This time I followed the recommandations by Joshua Ferraro on
enconding and character sets on
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=encodingscratchpad and that seemes to
solve some problems with encodings I experimented on the previous
attempt.

Using the Marc biblio export I exported all 80 records in a file. I
checked this file using MarcEdit's MarcValidator and found some errors
:-)

After compiling the file into MARC I tried to import these records to
the new installation using bulkmarcimport.pl and all went well! The
biblios are avaiable together with the holding informations. Hurrah!

The first record of this file lookes like this (I know, there are
still some useless data in it):

=LDR  00845nam a22002774u 4500
=001  000242460
=003  SzZuIDS\ILU
=005  20041111135000.0
=008  020702s2002\\\\sz\\\\\\\\\\\\00\\\\ger
=020  \\$a3906970000
=040  \\$aSzZuIDS LU LUZHB$cKSOW
=072  \7$a780$2IDS LU
=090  \\$c1$d1
=245  00$aKetzer und Sekten - einst und heute :$bToleranz und ihre Grenzen
in Kirche, Gesellschaft und Staat /$cHans Halter (Hrsg.)
=260  \\$aLuzern :$bMaihof-Verl.,$c2002
=300  \\$a76 S. ;$c30 cm
=650  \7$aHäretiker$2ilu
=650  \7$aToleranz$2ilu
=650  \7$aGlaubensfreiheit$2ilu
=700  1\$aHalter, Hans
=852  \\$bLUZHB$cUHMAG$hR.b 9252  (1)
=852  \\$bLUZHB$cUHMAG$hR.b 9252 (2)
=852  \\$bLUUHL$cUHPTE$hS.e 62.11
=852  \\$bLUSTA$cSTLES$hBro A 1375
=942  \\$cBUCH
=952  \\$85072$dFBGT$k930.9$p23$u1$u1

So I tried to export the data from my old handmade cataloging system
building the MARC-records out of the data. I checked them with
MarcEdit, corrected what seemed wrong and compiled the file into MARC.

The first record looks like this:

=LDR  00368nam a2200121   45e0
=008  \\||||||||||||||||||||||||ger
=245  00$aElse Lasker-Schüler /$cRedaktion: Axel Ruckaberle
=500  \\$aIn: Text und Kritik. - Heft 122 (1994)
=600  14$aLasker-Schüler, Else
=650  \4$aDeutsche Literatur
=650  \4$aSchriftsteller
=700  1\$aRuckaberle, Axel
=942  \\$cBUCH
=952  \\$dFBDT$k830

It stops right at the first record and I get the following output:

verwaltung:~# export KOHA=/usr/local/koha/intranet
verwaltung:~# export PERL5LIB=$KOHA/modules
verwaltung:~#
/usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/misc/migration_tools/bulkmarcimport
rt.pl -file Gesamt_export.mrc -v 2
Characteristic MARC flavour: MARC21

Record 1 encoding is UTF-8

UTF-8 LEADER/09: a
1 ==>LDR 00374nam a2200133   45e0
008       ||||||||||||||||||||||||ger
245 00 _aElse Lasker-Schüler /
      _cRedaktion: Axel Ruckaberle
500    _aIn: Text und Kritik. - Heft 122 (1994)
600 14 _aLasker-Schüler, Else
650  4 _aDeutsche Literatur
650  4 _aSchriftsteller
700 1  _aRuckaberle, Axel
942    _cBUCH
952    _dFBDT
      _k830 at
/usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/misc/migration_tools/bulkmarcimport.pl line
287.
1 : 1 items found
Arguments must be MARC::Field object at
/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Biblio.pm line 1440
verwaltung:~#

What does that mean? Have I forgotten something? I don't see an
essential difference between the first example witch worked and this
one exept the presence of the 090-fields and the 952$u-field. Are
these required?

Thank you for your help                         Beda

--
Beda Szukics         www.muri-gries.ch
Benediktinerkollegium, Bruenigstr. 177