[Koha] Moving from 2.2.7 to 2.2.9

Weinheimer Jim j.weinheimer at aur.edu
Thu Oct 25 21:00:54 NZDT 2007

All,

I am currently in the process of moving from 2.2.7 to 2.2.9 (which is much improved!) and have noticed some changes in the mappings. For example, in 2.2.7, items.itemlost was mapped to 952 z, but I see that in 2.2.9 it is 952 1. Also, biblioitems.classification was 942 i in 2.2.7 but now it's 942 j in 2.2.9.

Are there any other changes? Is there a list somewhere? Also, how do you suggest I should change this? Should I reset 2.2.9 or try to convert my data now (plus convert the marc_subfield_table).

In my initial conversion from my old proprietary database to 2.2.7, I had some conversion errors because of a faulty mapping table, so I'm being more careful this time.

Thanks,
James Weinheimer
Director of Library and Information Services
The American University of Rome
Rome, Italy