[Koha] ILS Survey - Koha

linda r lindamarcella at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 19:59:04 NZDT 2007

Dear Mr. Jongepier,

I'm sorry the importance rating question in unclear.

You are right that most of the questions have a 1-to-5 scale where 1 is low
(or the worst rating) and 5 is high (or the best rating).

The question you got stuck on is a different type of question.  Not only is
the scale reversed (1 for  most important, 2 for second most important,
etc), but the idea is a little different, too.  Instead of rating each
factor, just choose the (5) most important reasons your library selected its
ILS.

The question asks you to choose the most important reason your library
selected your ILS, and to mark it with a 1.  In this question, only one
reason can be the most important.  The second most important reason for
selecting your ILS is marked with a 2, etcetera.  You would only do the
first 5 (or less).  There are more than 5 possible reasons listed, but the
question asks you to only select the first 5.

I probably should have just asked respondents to just select the top 3
reasons - then the question would have stood out as more clearly different
from the 1-to-5 scales.

Hope this helps, and doesn't confuse anyone further!

Linda