[Koha] Koha became a little more of a certainty last night

ils shopping ils.shopping at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 02:45:02 NZDT 2007

Our board decided to move forward with seperating from our current
consortium.  We will be an independent library as of July 1, 2008.

Is there a map of Koha's tables and fields?  I need to start looking
at what this will entail as a migration.

Our system administrator once again assured me he can output all the
MARC data as a standard file and that he can give me files for
individual details such as item, hold, call number, and user data.

Most of the data other than MARC will be in delimited with "|".  We
don't have alot of experience with SQL loading but he came up with a
pretty interesting thought on sharing the process of migrating data
out of Sirsi Unicorn.  Apparently they have a site for the storing of
API data.  He proposed posting the information there so that other
sites needing the information would have access without raising legal
problems for the Koha project.