[Koha] evaluating Koha

ils shopping ils.shopping at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 09:31:08 NZDT 2007

Folks,
I'm in a library that may soon break away from a consortium.  Actually
it's a certainty but I've been asked to conduct my research quietly.
I apologize in advance for questions your probably tired of seeing.

1)  We currently are on a shared Sirsi Unicorn system with several
other libraries.  I've been assured that we can export all of the data
from the system administrator.  He is a good guy who I believe will
extract everything possible.  He tells me that everything including
old transactions can be exported.  I see there is a Winnebago to Koha
plugin to aid with that migration.  Is there a simillar plugin or
instructions on how to perform a migration using Sirsi Unicorn.  If
not I'm willing to contribute towards that form of project.

2)  Book jackets in the catalog.  My boss truly covets book jackets in
the library catalog is this possible with run of the mill Koha or does
it require the LibLime version.  Is this a subscription service.

3)  SIP and NCIP.  Does it?

4)  Can you import records using Connexion from OCLC or is it strictly
import by Z39.50?

5)  Reports how detailed?  Can you use something like Crystal Reports
as an interface?

6)  SMS, IM, Email, and Mail notices.  Do these capabilitites exist?

Probably enough for now in the question department.