[Koha] Bulk Creation of Marc records from a database script

Anthony Manzo manzo at salk.edu
Sat Oct 6 09:33:13 NZST 2007

Hi,
I have a minor contribution to those who may benefit.  After all, I
have been leaching for some time now...
I have written a small and rudimentary perl script that creates Marc
records out of the results from a db search (mysql is used in the
example script attached) and puts them into a Marc record using the
perl MARC library and fields/subfields of your designation.
I created this in order to import data from our multimedia collection
which contains unique materials and was minimally cataloged w/
filemaker.  I got the data I needed into a mysql db and wrote the
script to be executed on the Koha server.
The perl libraries needed to run this script should already be
available on a working Koha server.

I will be happy to answer question for anyone who is likely to use
this.  This is my first foray into writing perl scripts, however I am
a seasoned php developer w/alot of db experience and have previously
written scripts in Php to bulk edit marc records pulled from external
z39 servers with our libraries  custom data fields.

blah blah blah

Happy Friday,
Tony

Begin forwarded message: