[Koha] Re: perl C4 module errors

Matthew Metzger news at metzger.cc
Fri Jun 8 10:44:01 NZST 2007

Chris Cormack wrote:
> Hi Matthew
>
> On 8/06/2007, at 10:12 AM, Matthew Metzger wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just upgraded from 2.2.6 to 2.2.9
>>
>> I seem to be having problems with running some perl modules that come
>> with koha, the C4 modules. Here's the error I get when I run this
>> command:
>>
>> sudo perl /usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/updater/updatedatabase
>>
>> Can't locate C4/Context.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
>> /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.7 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5
>> /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8
>> /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at
>> /usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/updater/updatedatabase line 23.
>> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
>> /usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/updater/updatedatabase line 23.
>>

>> How can I permanently add the C4 modules to the @INC variable? Is
>> there some other solution that is better?
>
> perl -I is the trick
>
> perl -I /path/to/modules script
>
> For the line above
> sudo perl /usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/updater/updatedatabase
>
> make it
>
> sudo perl -I /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules
> /usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/updater/updatedatabase
>
> And you should be all go
>
> Chris
> --
> Chris Cormack
> chris.cormack at liblime.com
> VP Research and Development                        www.liblime.com
> LibLime                                             +64 21 542 131

Thank you! That worked perfectly.

I had another problem that I thought was related, but probably isn't. I
get an error when I try to do a z39.50 search. I thought that 2.2.7 and
later used a different way to do z39.50. I was hoping that upgrading
would simplify the process. Anyway, here's the error:
----
Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [my email] and inform them of
the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may
have caused the error.

----

I have started the z39.50 daemon by invoking:
/usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/z3950daemon/z3950-daemon-launch.sh

thanks for any help you can give me.

Matthew