[Koha] Why No Discussion Forum?

Bo Schafers bo at weavebrain.com.au
Wed Jun 6 00:25:53 NZST 2007

Hi,
I'm a mere newbie here so I apologise for shooting my mouth off ...again....

I'd like to ask the question, why is there no Koha Discussion forum?
It's standard practice all over the web, a super efficient, proven
paradigm. Are mail lists not a bit archaic in this day and age? I think
one of the biggest problems with the current archived list is that it's
not searchable and that its organisation is just time-based, rather
than  being subject/topic based. I't very time consuming to read back
through 100's of postings to find out if anything has been posted
previously on various issues, epecially for newbies.

Koha's not an easy bit of software, but truly wonderful when its
up-and-running. It deserves much more exposure. It deserves the best
possible support forum. I would imagine the vast majority of folks are
just give up on it after tinkering a bit. And putting out the
appropriate word-of-mouth 'advertising'...

If there is a lack someone willing provide the webspace I'd be prepared
to host 'forum.koa.org'

Apologies if this has been discussed before.
Bo