[Koha] Koha patron card number length

Chris Cormack crc at liblime.com
Tue Apr 24 11:52:27 NZST 2007

On 24/04/2007, at 11:35 AM, Mark Ehle wrote:

> Hello, Folks -
>
> I am a Computer Tech for a public library in Michigan. We are
> looking at Koha as a possible replacement for our aging Dynix system.
>
> I have Koha running in a VMware virtual machine, running on Ubuntu
> Server 7.04. The install was not at all easy, but what do you want
> for free, eh?
>
> When I tried to add a user, the first thing Koha told me is that
> the card number was "Invalid cardnumber". We use a 14-digit codabar
> barcoded patron library card system. An example is
> "23330001535735". It is crucial that we be able to keep this
> intact, otherwise we will not be able to even consider Koha.

Hi Mark

First thing Id check is in systempreferences because Koha allows up
to 16 chars in the database.
Check the members/patron tab in systempreferences make sure no
checkdigit routine is turned on. If its set to none, then let me know
and ill have a look at the code.

You installed version 2.2.8 right?

http://www.kohadocs.org/newbieguide.html
and
http://www.kohadocs.org/usersguide/

Might be useful

Chris

Chris Cormack                            chris.cormack at liblime.com
VP Research and Development                        www.liblime.com
LibLime                                             +64 21 542 131