[Koha] z39.50 host in new zealand

BWS Johnson mhelman at illinoisalumni.org
Thu Aug 24 21:44:35 NZST 2006

Salvete!

>I just installed koha for our school, everything seems ok. I am sure my
>z39.50 works properly. The problem is the Z39.50 host. Many books in my
>school are about business,cookery, hospitality and English language.
When I
>try to do a z39.50 search, always get the message of "Nothing found". I
can
>only find a few of books. I am in New Zealand. Can somebody tell me
some
>z39.50 server?

Yup, definitely sounds as though you're inquiring at the wrong inns. Not
that those libraries are bad, you're just looking at the wrong spot.
What sort of library are you? You mention school -- Are you an academic
library or an elementary school library or something else? How large are
you? How old is your collection? Although the servers geographically
close to you are sometimes more likely to hold similar materials,
there's a greater correlation between the type of library you're
querying. So, you're basically trying to think up someone who's rather
like you to swap records with. Is HLT running a z39.50 server? If you're
more academic, the Conrad N. Hilton Library at the Culinary Institute of
America should certainly have a bunch of cookery books, not to mention
some on hospitality and restauranteurship.

http://209.203.176.27

I was able to export a record manually by the procedures I described
yesterday.

Cheers,
Brooke @ Hinsdale MA