[Koha] load all the registries of once in the active base

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Fri Jun 23 09:12:09 NZST 2006

On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 02:59:29PM -0400, Hemeroteca said:
> Hello Colleagues, I need aid for the next:   I have exported from isismarc
> 5100 records; in format marc21 (being a file *.mrc), soon using the tool of
> import incorporated in koha I have processed these and have been mattered to
> the deposit of koha.  but it is that they are not loaded automatically in
> the active base of koha, I must be adding manually each registry, one by one
> through the cataloguing screen. My question is: Exists some tool or
> functionality that allows me to load all the registries of once in the
> active base?

Hi there

The tool you are after is a script called bulkmarcimport.pl you will find it
in
scripts/misc/migration_tools/

So if you install Koha the default way it will be in
/usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/misc/migration_tools/

to run it you will want to do something like this

sudo perl -I /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules /usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/misc/migration_tools/bulkmarcimport.pl -file /path/to/your/marcfile

run it first without the -file /path/to/your/marc/file  and it will give you
some help on how to use it.

I hope this helps

Chris

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz