[Koha] LDAP authorization against Active Directory?

Casey Mirch cmirch at leadps.org
Sat May 20 07:11:02 NZST 2006

Does anyone out there have Koha set up to do user authentication against
Windows Active Directory?  As I look at Auth_with_ldap.pm, I only see a
routine to attempt an anonymous bind to the LDAP server, and I know that
Active Directory won't accept that.  (Mind you, I'm not a programmer, so
I could be missing something glaringly obvious...)

What does it take to get this to work?
Will I need to populate Active Directory with data required for Koha's
mandatory fields, particularly the branch code?

Any hints, pointers, or warnings would be greatly appreciated.

Casey Mirch
Technology Manager
Leadership Public Schools

voice:415-695-0669x222