[Koha] Koha on Mac OS X? Seeking more info

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Fri Mar 24 06:11:42 NZST 2006

Ann -

What you'll be missing is the ability to search for bibliographic records
from other libraries, because you won't have a Z39.50 client. One of the
modules that makes the client work (Event) has not been ported to OS X.
Last I knew, Koha 3.0 was not going to have this problem -- at least
that's the hope. (I notice, however, from Joshua's latest Debian doc that
Event is still be used in Koha 2.2.6.)

For now, though, I think Koha on Mac OS X makes for a nice demo and/or
training tool, but I'm not sure I'd want to use it in a production
environment.  If you start playing with Koha now, and Koha 3.0 truly does
work better with Mac OS X, then you should be ready to jump right in when
3.0 is released.

Stephen

--
Stephen Hedges