[Koha] OpenSource Software at IFLA 2005

Roger Evans rogere at deichman.no
Fri May 20 02:19:52 NZST 2005

I am working at the Oslo Public Library, the host public library for the
IFLA conference in Oslo.
http://www.ifla.org/IV/ifla71/

I am giving a presentation on August 17th on the use of Open Source
software at our library, mostly Linux and OpenOffice.  We are not (as
yet) a Koha library, but I would like to refer to Koha in my
presentation.

This is an excellent opportunity to make KOHA more visible to library
leaders from around the world.

Are any of the meeting attendees also coming to IFLA in Oslo - or do
they have any institutional representatives attending?

If enough people are attending, it might be an idea to try to arrange an
'installfest' for koha during IFLA.  Usually the IFLA attendees are
administrators, so maybe a demo is enough.

Any suggestions?

Roger

--
Roger Evans,Deichmanske Bibliotek; Henrik Ibsensgt. 1 0179 Oslo
rogere at deichman.no gsm: +47 90 53 41 97 tel: +47 23 43 29 22