[Koha] Importing data into MARC

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Wed Sep 1 12:42:51 NZST 2004

Andres, use the regularly defined MARC tags (depending on your MARC
flavor) to store the data from your "title" database.  Store the
information from your "copy" database in holdings tags (in MARC21 either
852 or a user-defined 9xx tag).  The holdings tag is repeatable, each
repetition containing the information for one copy.  So if you have three
copies of a title, your (very abbreviated) MARC21 record might look like:

100  Author
245  Title
852  Copy 1 info
852  Copy 2 info
852  Copy 3 info

Are you using MARC::Record to build the records for import?

Stephen

--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA