[Koha] Followup on Z3950 daemon
paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Aug 12 19:38:16 NZST 2004
>OK, it seems there was something with the permissions of the daemon
>because I've got it up and running and downloading records now. My next
>question is how do I switch on the LOC "function". I've never had much
>success with re-mapping MARC fields to Koha fields even following
>previous posts about the subject related to ver 2.0 to the letter. If I
>look at the raw tables I can see the records in the breeding farm table
>and that the LOC call number is in their but I can't seem to get it to
>drop it into anywhere let alone display. When I look at the biblioitems
>table there is nothing in the classification field. There must one
>little thing that I'm doing wrong.
In systemprefs, you have (or can add) a line called "itemcallnumber".
It's value must be where is hidden the itemcallnumber.
On my server, it's 215a for example (field&subfield without any separator)
Then, on your item, you must have a subfield mapped to
items.itemcallnumber koha field.
For me, it's 995g (UNIMARC specific. For MARC21, it should be somewhere
in the 852 field)
Now, when you add a biblio and arrive on item management screen, the
itemcallnumber field is automatically filled with the 215a value (in the
biblio). You can change it if you need.
The items.itemcallnumber should be the value that appears in OPAC.
Note 2.1 is unstable, so there are probably many bugs. 2.1.1 should be
released soon, with more features & more bugs...
Consultant indépendant en logiciels libres
responsable francophone de koha (SIGB libre http://www.koha-fr.org)
More information about the Koha