[Koha] newbie questions

Jose zero at vtr.net
Thu Jun 24 13:52:47 NZST 2004

Hi all, I can't even get it sintalled correctly
I've installed Perl ----------> no erros occured
I've installed apache web server -----------> no errors occured
MySQL -----------> no errors either, as I remember

but with Koha using installer.pl
Checked for missing modules: done all instaled

but errors with Z3950 client, but it's not really necessary..
Y downloaded yaz .rpm, I've sintalled it, but when doing a
perl  -MCPAN -e "install Net::Z3950"'
it says that maybe it's not installed.
Another thing, I have the same problem of another guy I don't remember who:
###
Creating the MySQL database for Koha...
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root at localhost' (Using password: YES)
256ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root at localhost' (Using password:
YES)
/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user: 'root at localhost' (Using password: YES)'
/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user: 'kohaadmin at localhost' (Using password: YES)'

 # [apache is running, and mysql daemon also, and i've set up a that password allready ]#

 ERROR CREATING DATABASE

Couldn't connect to the MySQL server for the reason given above. This is a serious problem, the database will not get installed.

Press <ENTER> to continue:

DBI connect('Koha:localhost','kohaadmin',...) failed: Can't connect to local
MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) at /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Context.pm
line 368
connected to your DB. Checking & modifying it
Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at scripts/updater/updatedatabase
line 629.
Problem updating database...
###
-No idea what could be this error, maybe is part of the error from above .

Please I really need your help, sorry to bother with this tinny newbie issues.
Ok hope u can answer soon,
cheers,
J0se