[Koha] Breeding farm to biblio question

Gregory Garretson gregory at bu.edu
Fri Apr 30 03:35:02 NZST 2004

Hello,

I've recently got all my (several thousand) MARC records imported into
the breeding farm (in v 2.0.0), and I want to get them into the catalog.
As I understand it, using acqui.simple, there are three ways to get
records into the catalog: searching on ISBN (which I don't have in most
cases, unfortunately), searching on title, and creating an empty biblio,
which may be filled in via a Z39.50 search. This last doesn't pull
records from the breeding farm, so it's only ISBN and title search that
can be used for that.

My question is, is there an easier way to create a biblio entry and an
item entry for each of these records in the breeding farm without typing
the titles in one by one? (It may be that this would violate some
standard library practices, but this is really just meant to be a
catalog import, not an inventory.)

I also have a question about getting the LC numbers I have added to show
up in the addbiblio routine, but I'll save that one for later. :-)

Thanks,
Gregory Garretson
linguist, Perl hacker, non-librarian, incipient Koha enthusiast
Boston University