[Koha] LC number : solution in 2.2

Bigwood, David bigwood at lpi.usra.edu
Thu Apr 29 05:28:59 NZST 2004

It is not really so odd to have 2 different call numbers for different copies of the same item. We often have circulating and reference copies. The class and cutter numbers would stay the same but the prefix or suffix would vary.

In other cases we have a map or other accoampying material that goes with a book but is housed in a seperate location. Once again the class and cutters would be the same but the pre or suffix would be different.

I have also heard of cases when a work covers two topics for a library to give each copy a different class number so that folks browsing will find it in either place. I think that is less common, but it does happen.

Sincerly,
David Bigwood
bigwood at lpi.usra.edu
Lunar & Planetary Institute