[Koha] Re: [Koha-devel] Koha on Bookmobile?

genjimoto at ezysurf.co.nz genjimoto at ezysurf.co.nz
Thu Apr 22 11:06:45 NZST 2004

This idea is also required for branches without a dedicated internet link.
For instance, the Theosophical society. Most branches don't even have a
telephone, let alone internet. So.. what needs to happen..... i take koha's
daily transactions to a net cafe or something, and upload that file to a
main internet connected server, or a email address who can go to the
central koha computer, and process the file. Then, that person creates diff
files for all the branches... excluding their own transactions they put in.
the other branch librarians copy the diff file to a disk, and give koha it,
and it processes it, modifying the database accordingly. One idea. Lets get
off the biblionum, biblioitem and biblioitemnum system, and have Barcodes
as our keys.
Just an idea.
Waylon